Fall 2012 South Asia Seminar Series
A lecture series in honor of Prof. Patrick Olivelle
Posted: September 25, 2012
Religion and Society in Traditional India
Convenor: Joel Brereton, Department of Asian Studies, UT-Austin
- September 6th, 2012: Anne Feldhaus, Arizona State University, "Virginity and Lactation in Two Shepherds' Epics from Maharashtra"
- September 20th, 2012: Martha Selby, The University of Texas, "Women as Patients and Practitioners in Early Sanskrit Medical Literature"
- November 1st, 2012: Mark McClish, Birmingham-Southern College, “Theorizing Brāhmaṇical Sovereignty: Jurisprudence and Jurisdiction in the Classical Artha and Dharma Literature”
- November 8th, 2012: Donald Davis, The University of Wisconsin, "Responsa in Hindu Law: Consultation and Lawmaking in Medieval India"
- January 24th, 2013: Steven Lindquist, Southern Methodist University, "Philology, Narrative, and Salvation: Reading Upanishadic Stories"