Internal Transfer Admission
As of 8/15/14 all internal transfers into the IRG major will need to complete an application for admission.
The number of students who want to major in IRG exceeds the number who can be adequately instructed by the faculty. There are likely to be more students who will be eligible to apply to the IRG major than can be admitted, so meeting the minimum requirements in not a guarantee of admission to the IRG major.
To be eligible for internal transfer into the IRG major as an undergraduate student you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA with at least 12 hours in residence taken for a letter grade.
- Must be prior to the fifth long semester in college, at UT Austin or at a previous institution. Transfer students entering the university with 4 or more semesters can only apply in their first semester.*
- Must have at least two of the following in progress or completed:
- At least one foreign language course with a grade of C or higher
- ECO 301, 304K or 304L
- GRG 305
- ANT 302, RTF 312C or SOC 302
- Three hours from the minor area
- Must attend an internal transfer information session. Spring 2016 sessions TBA.
Please Note: The intent of the internal transfer session is to enhance your understanding of IRG as a major at UT and therefore help you determine if IRG is the right major for you.
* Students will have an opportunity to explain any special circumstances related to this criterion, e.g. a reduced course load accommodation through Services for Students with Disabilities.
IRG Application Deadline
Deadline for fall 2016 admission: TBA
- Program Overview
- Prospective Students
International Relations and Global Studies
The University of Texas at Austin
305 E. 23rd Street
Austin, TX, 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: