Gerson Lehrman Group, Research Intern - Summer 2014, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7254
Fri, November 1, 2013
GLG Research Interns will spend the majority of their time building and managing the GLG Councils—networks of thousands of world-renowned experts in their professional fields and industries. GLG Research Interns will also work on customized projects and requests from the Research team, which may include conducting web-based research on important news stories for a practice area, compiling statistical data on network composition and recruiting efforts, identifying executives in transition, assisting with data management efforts, responding to expert inquiries, and reviving relationships with experts whose activity with GLG has lapsed.
The summer internship opportunity will be a full time (40 hours per week) position.
• Support research team to increase participation rates in research projects including consultative opportunities and surveys
• Build specific industry networks through the identification of critical experts
• Conduct quantitative analysis on industry networks to inform strategic decision making
• Maintain the integrity of expert information with cross references and phone outreach
GLG Research Interns are expected to pursue and handle increasing responsibility. They should be able to demonstrate a history of extracurricular or academic interests that will help GLG identify all of the qualities listed below:
• Strong academic qualifications including a cumulative 3.3 GPA or higher
• Previous work experience with transferable skills to the internship
• Demonstrated leadership or teamwork experience (through academic, employment, or extracurricular activities)
• Strong analytical and multitasking skills
• Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
• Highly professional written and verbal communication skills; ability to quickly and effectively communicate a range of simple and complex material
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
We connect hundreds of thousands of outstanding professionals and thought leaders to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
HighTable helps you gather and share expertise. In a world where everyone's connected, it's surprisingly difficult to find insights from people who know what they’re talking about. At HighTable, conversations occur directly between professionals with business problems and professionals with the most relevant first-hand experience and knowledge.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 21 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit:
For more information about GLG Research, please visit:
Benefits of the GLG Research Internship Experience
• Hands on exposure to some of the most influential companies, investment community firms, and world renowned experts in their respective fields
• Fun and energetic environment working alongside smart, motivated early career professionals
• Introduction and exposure to various industries by tracking relevant news and company research within:
o Healthcare and Biomedical;
o Technology, Media, and Telecommunications;
o Energy and Industrials;
o Consumer Goods and Services;
o Real Estate;
o Financial and Business Services; Accounting and Financial Analysis, and
o Legal Economic and Regulatory Affairs
• Live and work in downtown Austin, TX - one of the fastest growing, most desirable cities in the US
• Develop and/or enhance baseline skill sets for future corporate employment
• Potential opportunity for full time employment (based on availability and performance) following the internship
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7254. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: