Texas Film Commission, Internships, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 5521
Fri, November 15, 2013
The Texas Film Commission has been assisting filmmakers and promoting Texas for more than 35 years. With its beautiful, diverse locations and its experienced crew bases, Texas has remained a competitive destination for hundreds of film and television productions. In addition to film, we have begun supporting the Texas video game community and raising its visibility as a viable market. The Film Commission is working to increase Texas's competitive position among all media industries in the state.
The internship program offers current college students the opportunity to develop a working knowledge of and gain experience in the film, television, animation and video game industries. We are seeking students with excellent communication skills who want to learn how these industries work and contribute to the film commission’s efforts to promote and expand these industries in Texas.
Fall Semester: September – December
Application Deadline: July 15
Spring Semester: January – May
Application Deadline: November 15
Summer Semester: June – August
Application Deadline: April 15
• Answering phones and responding to information requests from industry professionals and the general public.
• Assisting in digital stitching, color correcting and inputting digital location images in Adobe Photoshop.
• Performing specific research projects, ranging from filming locations to video game companies, via the Internet and other internal resources.
• Reading scripts, preparing synopses and location breakdowns.
• Performing routine clerical tasks such as data entry, photocopying and faxing.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate (junior or seniors are preferred) or graduate degree program. Applicants not currently enrolled in a college or university degree program, or recent graduates will not be considered.
• Ability to work 10-20 hours per week (in at least four hour time blocks) at our office in downtown Austin, TX. Applicants not located in the Austin area must acknowledge in their cover letter that they are prepared to reside in the Austin area for the duration of the internship. We are unable to provide assistance in obtaining housing or transportation.
• The internship is unpaid.
• Demonstrates professional interest in film, television and video game industry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Interns are not required to receive course credit, but may be eligible.
Application Deadline 11/15/2013. See BTT Gateway Job ID 5521
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: