Aon Corporation, Set-Up Configuration Specialist, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7941
Fri, February 14, 2014
Aon plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human resources consulting and outsourcing. With an employee base of 65,000 people working in over 500 offices in more than 120 countries. We integrate customized services, leverage expertise across industries and apply business knowledge to our clients' strategic goals. Aon helps clients anticipate how change intersects with opportunity. Each of our clients has unique business needs, so we have developed expertise for a complete range of business processes, products and industries. Aon’s account and relationship managers form a comprehensive perspective of our clients’ organizations, matching our expertise to their business strategy.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. The company partners with organizations to solve their most complex benefits, talent and related financial challenges, and improve business performance. Aon Hewitt designs, implements, communicates and administers a wide range of human capital, retirement, investment management, health care, compensation and talent management strategies. With more than 29,000 professionals in 90 countries, Aon Hewitt makes the world a better place to work for clients and their employees. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com.
The Setup Configuration Specialist (SCS) is responsible for configuring and testing Aon Hewitt's proprietary Total Benefit Administration (TBA) System based on analysis documents of client requirements. Configuring involves using graphical user interface tools to customize code to fix a system defect or update the system per change orders. SCSs are responsible for testing the code and debugging issues/defects prior to the code being moved to production. Responsibility Areas
• Reviews analysis documents prepared by the Systems Analyst and configures (using graphic user interface tools) the TBA System to fix a system defect or complete a client request/change. Completes high level testing to ensure no major defects are in the code.
• Executes test plan (including regression testing) by identifying/creating test participants and performing calculations for expected results. Determines if configuration performs accurately, reflects requirements, and has zero negative impact to existing provisions.
• Documents defects when actual results do not meet expected results.
• Analyzes issues/defects and debugs the system when configuration is not producing expected results. Researches issues to determine if source of error is with the test data, test plan, or configuration.
• Resolves issues with test cases or set-up and re-tests configuration. Escalates issues as appropriate.
• Bachelors degree in Business, Liberal Arts or Engineering with a focus (major or minor) in Management Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics or Analytics.
Knowledge & Experience
• Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles/concepts.
• Interpret and understand conditional statements (i.e., If/Then/Else).
• Apply basic relational database concepts (e.g., table relationships, keys).
• Knowledge of and ability to write basic SQL and DB2 queries.
• Troubleshoot basic system defects and errors.
• Ability to interpret and understand typical client requirements documentation.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Responds willingly, promptly, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands effectively.
- Builds capability to contribute by taking responsibility for own development, tapping multiple sources of learning to deepen own knowledge, seeking out new experiences, and applying learning appropriately.
- Demonstrates applied learning by continuously improving own contribution.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Works with and without supervision and has the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Generate new and creative approaches to benefit processes and thinks outside the box.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Continuous improvement and team work mindset.
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon Hewitt, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon Hewitt's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon Hewitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7941. Application Deadline 2/14