YNN Austin / Time Warner Cable, TWC News - Austin Internship - Fall 2014, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job 8796
Sat, August 16, 2014
Explore this position and the application instructions via your BTT Gateway account, Job 8796
TWC News - Austin offers opportunities to students who are motivated and eager to learn about broadcast journalism and gain valuable experience in a newsroom environment. We are looking for interns who will help plan, execute and coordinate various aspects of news media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
·Reporting – Shadow reporters in the field, news writing, interviewing and assisting in the production of news stories.
·Photojournalism – Shadow photojournalists in the field, electronic news gathering, lighting and audio and non-linear digital editing.
·Producing – Shadow producers, news writing, work with reporters and anchors to determine story form and content, assemble newscasts.
·Sports – Shadow sports staff, sports writing, monitors and logs sports videos, videotape editing.
·Weather – Work closely with Meteorologist reporting local weather.
·Production - Work closely with master control operators and technical directors with video and audio transmission and quality control of on-air content.
Candidates for internships MUST:
• Receive academic credits for the internship assignment.
• Have strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, leadership and organizational abilities.
• Maintain a professional appearance, be enthusiastic, and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and news.
• Be able to commit to interning approximately 16 hours per week.
• Coursework and previous internship experience in communications, journalism or related field is preferred.
• This is an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment.
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: