Arts Internship & Networking Fair
Wed, October 24, 2012 | Bass Concert Hall, 4th Floor Lobby
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Attend the Arts Internship & Networking Fair!
Wednesday, October 24, 11 am - 1:30 pm, Bass Concert Hall 4th floor lobby
Employers will include Paramount Theatre, SXSW, Austin Creative Alliance and the Alley Theatre
Join the Tony-winning Alley Theatre for a hands-on internship and kick-start your theatre career.
In the summer and part-time program, internships are offered in a number of areas, including arts administration, lighting, sound and technical direction. Summer candidates must commit full-time for twelve weeks between May and August, while part-time candidates should commit 25 hours a week for any time of the year. Alley also offers the Fitzpatrick Internship to engage students in the multifaceted demands of professional theatre under the guidance of experienced directors. Fitzpatrick interns will commit full-time for 15 consecutive weeks between January and April; a weekly stipend is included with this internship. Academic credit is offered for all but Fitzpatrick internships.
To apply to Alley Theatre Internships:
• Submit a statement of 250 words describing your areas of concentration, your expectations of the internship and how it relates to your career goals.
• Your availability.
• A current resume.
• A photocopy of your driver’s license or photo ID.
• Two letters of recommendation.
• Persuasive writing sample (administrative positions only).
Theatre representatives will be present at the October 24th Arts Internship Fair, but be sure to have applied first! Visit alleytheatre.org/internships for more info.
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: