AIED Council, ESL Teacher, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7129
Thu, June 27, 2013
4 positions available
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council)
One of the following cities in China:
• Xiaogan or Wuhan in Hubei Province
• Changsha or Zhuzhou in Hunan Province
• Yantai in Shandong Province
Salary & Benefits:
1. Monthly Salary:
CNY 10,000-15,000 (approximately USD 1,590-2,380)
2. Working hours:
• Mostly Monday through Friday
• No more than 26 working hours per week
Foreign teachers and staff are provided with furnished apartments, either on the AIED campus itself, or within a short walking distance in the neighboring community.
• Visa costs paid
• Round-trip tickets or airfare subsidy once per year
• Rewarding career development opportunities at top public high schools in China
• Relevant professional training provided
• Paid vacation (at least 8 weeks per year)
• Accident insurance provided
• Provide high quality ESL instruction to improve Chinese students’ comprehensive English ability.
• Offer students lectures on topics in social studies, history, culture, literature, etc. to develop students’ cultural awareness.
• Plan, organize and provide instruction to assist students in mastering verbal and written English skills.
• Meet students’ individual needs, interests, and abilities.
• Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
• Prepare syllabus with clear objectives for each lesson, unit and project. These objectives should be in line with curriculum goals and should be communicated clearly to students.
• Assess student learning through ongoing observations and more formal methods. Provide frequent feedback to students and parents and complete written progress reports.
• Develop rules for classroom behavior.
• Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Incorporate problem solving strategies and literacy strategies into daily instructional routine.
• Provide opportunities for students to express themselves using spoken, written, and electronic forms of communication.
• Native English speaker
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• At least two years experience teaching ESL
• Demonstrated knowledge of English and American literature, American culture or social studies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and creative talents in teaching
• Responsible, outgoing, friendly, hardworking and easy to work with
• Applicants who can teach more than one subject preferred
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council) is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to advance the development of international education initiatives. Our mission is to help American educational institutions develop relationships and programs with education-related foreign entities to enable students to engage in intercultural learning, promote global education collaborations, and facilitate the sharing and exchange of educational resources around the world.
At AIED, we believe that there should be no boundaries for education in a globalized
world. AIED works with educational institutions and organizations to allow students
of all ages, from the United States and abroad, to find better access to quality
education that gives them an international perspective.
In China, AIED aims to build international high schools in collaboration with key
public high schools across the country to broaden the visions and insights of Chinese
To apply, please complete the online application form and submit your resume at
http://www.aied-edu.org/career/GEI.html. Application deadline is 6/27/2013.
Please visit us at http://aied-edu.org/career/ for more job openings.
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: