Software Advice, Inside Sales: New Account Development, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7325
Wed, September 4, 2013
At Software Advice, we're looking for an energetic and outgoing optimists to join our growing business development team.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is extraordinarily persistent. You're the Rocky Balboa of the business world. You don't know the meaning of the word "quit."
- Has unshakeable optimism and energy. You are lively and bold, with the kind of personality that comes through easily over the phone.
- Makes ethical decisions. You understand that while it's important to make the sale, we never want to mislead a potential client.
What you'll do all day:
- Market research. You don't need to be a software expert to get this job, but you'll have a lot to learn about software markets in your first year.
- Make calls. This is phone sales, all day, every day. The more software vendors you call, the more successful you'll be.
- Work to onboard new clients. You'll work with our Client Success team to make sure our new software vendors get set up right.
You'll be measured on how well you:
- Hit the phones. In order to rock this job and meet your goals you'll need to make as many as 40 calls and emails every day.
- Recruit new clients. Within six months you'll be responsible for recruiting 40 new enterprise software vendors each quarter.
- Upsell new services. You'll let our existing clients know about cool new extras like appointment setting and CRM integration.
A few reasons why you might hate it:
- You just want to build relationships. This is fast-paced inside sales, not account management. If you're after new friends, you might be happier in another role.
- You're intimidated by cold calling. If the idea of cold calling businesses all day long sounds a little scary, this might not be for you.
- Rejection gets you down. Sometimes people will say no, and sometimes they'll just ignore you. You need to brush it off, stay positive and press on.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a ton. You'll become a better business person as you immerse yourself in the world of technology and entrepreneurship.
- The work environment is amazing. Our SoCo office is insanely cool, open, and inviting. We dress casually and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won't be just another cog in the wheel.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7325. Application deadline is 9/4/2013.
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: