Texas Enterprise Event: Can Music Survive the Music Business?
Thu, September 5, 2013 | AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center Room 203
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Can Music Survive the Music Business?
Thursday, September 5, 2013
11:30 a.m-1:00 p.m
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center Room 203
Garage parking is available at the AT&T Conference Center and surrounding public lots.
REGISTER HERE (Limited Seating)
Join us for lunch on September 5 with composer extraordinaire, Gary Powell. His credits for Walt Disney Records include storybook and song albums for The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Pocahontas, Toy Story I & II, A Bug's Life, and many more.
Recently hired by the Butler School of Music to teach music students the business of music, Gary will share his perspective on the music business:
- How can artists find the balance of income vs. artistic freedom?
- What business and artistic strategies can contribute to musicians developing and adopting informed decisions in creating a sustainable lifestyle?
- Despite the egregious nature of this profession, why does it endure?
For more information, see: http://ow.ly/oaA6I
Questions? Please contact Gayle Hight, 512-475-6423
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: