Goldman Sachs 2014: Operations New Analyst – Dallas, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7408
Sun, September 15, 2013
GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
THE OPERATIONS ANALYST PROGRAM
The Analyst Program has been designed to combine business, technical and professional skills training with a wide-ranging platform of development opportunities to give you a broad portfolio of business management skills. Starting with both firmwide and Operations-specific orientations, the program provides a comprehensive schedule of formal training. Alongside this formal training, you will continue to benefit from peer mentoring, networking opportunities and a range of challenging developmental assignments that will take you outside your day-to-day responsibilities.
Careers in Operations are about developing business management and leadership skills, and applying them in the exciting and rewarding world of banking and finance. We want you to develop a long-term career, and we are committed to giving you the tools and the opportunities necessary. Analysts play a vital and influential role in delivering business management capabilities to the wider firm and in maintaining the firm’s market-leading position and reputation. You will join a team in one of our many departments where you will be trained to become a ‘go-to’ person for the firm, our clients and other external agencies. With such diverse opportunities there is no ‘typical’ analyst role but your responsibilities may include:
• Implementing the firm’s processes and controls to ensure transactions are settled to a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
• Maintaining and enhancing our client relationships by providing proactive, high-quality client service
• Working with colleagues in IT, Legal, Compliance and other divisions to provide the support and infrastructure that underpins our market activities
• Identifying opportunities for process improvements and developing methods to reduce risks, enhance controls and increase customer satisfaction
QUALIFICATIONS: What we look for
Operations recruits highly motivated graduates who can demonstrate outstanding achievements in academic and extracurricular activities. However, a background in finance is not necessary.
Typically we look for people who can display the following personal qualities and attributes:
• Intellectual curiosity/problem solver
• Articulate communicator
• Quantitative thought and expression
• Innovation and process engineering
• Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong people skills
APPLICATION PROCESS (BOTH STEPS ARE REQUIRED):
1. Register with your School Career Center in order to drop your resume
2. Complete the Goldman Sachs Apply On-Line application [including GPA] at www.goldmansachs.com/careers. You may express interest in up to three locations and division combinations through this application. The division selections are determined by the location you select. If you do not see the division that are of interest to you please consider choosing an alternate location.
Goldman Sachs, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7408. Application deadline is 9/15/2013.
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: