The Hartford Financial Services, Associate Claim Representative, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Schedule ID 481
Fri, September 27, 2013
Associate Claim Representative
1. WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The Hartford is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at www.thehartford.com.
The Hartford believes people should live with financial confidence. The Hartford exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
The Hartford’s biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our core values and bring passion to their jobs. Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
• Ethisphere Institute as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
• GI Jobs as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
• Military Times Edge as a 2011 "Best for Vets" Employer
• Carbon Disclosure Project’s Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index for The Hartford’s approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
• Newsweek Green Rankings – No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
• Phoenix Business Journal as a Best Place to Work (2011)
• The Chicago Tribune as a Top Workplace (2011)
• The San Antonio Express News as a Top Workplace (2011)
• Atlanta Journal-Constitution as a Top Workplace (2011)
• Indianapolis Star as a Top Workplace(2011)
• The Hartford Courant and FOXCT as a Top Workplace (2011)
• OKCBiz as a Best Place to Work (2011)
2. WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
Are you looking for a career with a company that has been doing business for more than 200 years, offers you an extensive training program and provides advancement opportunities?
The Hartford has that opportunity for you in our Associate Claim Representative position!
As an Associate Claim Representative for The Hartford, you will be an integral part of our dynamic claims team. You will interact with internal and external customers to deliver superior service, exceptional quality and be a part of a best-in-class work environment. In this fast-paced position, you will be responsible for the investigation and file management of lower complexity claims as well as assisting other claim professionals and our policyholders with multiple facets of the claim process.
• Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers, building credibility and gaining trust while operating with integrity at all times.
• Utilizing verbal and critical thinking skills to gather information and data; making sound decisions based on a mixture of analysis and judgment.
• Working directly with customers while exercising professionalism, diplomacy and negotiating skills to successfully resolve claims.
• Communicating and working within a team environment and with various levels of leadership throughout the department and the organization.
• Achieving targeted performance goals to manage costs and support The Hartford’s industry-leading operational claim standards.
• Completing state-mandated forms or letters timely and accurately to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Administering claim benefits through interpretation and analysis of the insurance contract and evaluating exposures for setting reserves to fulfill our contractual obligations.
3. WHAT ARE THE COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT OPPORTUNITIES?
At the Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. Additional cash bonuses may be available based on your performance. We also have:
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Training
• Vacation buy and sell option
• 401K Program with matching company contribution
• Cash Balance Retirement plan - 100% employer paid! Vested after 3 years!
• Medical & Dental Plans effective from date of hire - No probationary period!
• Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
• Degree Development
• Employee and Dependent AD&D
• Health Care Spending Account
• Employee Discounts
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Long-Term Disability
• Employee Referral Bonuses
• Employee Stock Purchase
For more detail please visit the following website:
4. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
The Hartford's Property and Casualty Claims Division is a fast-paced organization that will offer you the opportunity to join a team of dedicated claim professionals. We value providing superior customer service, exceptional quality, disciplined expense management and a best-in-class work environment.
We offer our employees the opportunity to grow and develop their careers as we promote continuous learning and encourage the movement of talent across lines of business and throughout various departments. This helps us foster an environment that celebrates differences in backgrounds and perspectives to keep us closely aligned with our customers' needs.
Several of our locations offer the following on-site amenities:
• Paid training
• Business casual work environment
5. WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for high-energy professionals who are ready to jump start their career. The ideal Associate Claim Representative will possess the majority of the following skills and attributes:
• A Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience is strongly preferred.
• Minimum 1-3 years experience in a customer service environment, with an emphasis in providing exceptional customer service. Restaurant, retail, hospitality and finance work experience a plus.
• This is a fast-paced, high-volume position, so the ability to handle multiple and competing priorities simultaneously is needed.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written a must.
• The ideal candidate should enjoy research, investigation and negotiation.
• Employees will work in a collaborative team environment, but should possess the skills to be able to make independent decisions.
• This position resides in a heavy phone volume environment where the ability to gather and process information quickly is important. (Mainly outbound calls or return phone calls from customers).
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers, while consistently demonstrating honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect when interacting with others.
• Effective decision making ability is a must, including strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Obtain and maintain licensing to handle claims in required states. Hartford provides training and pays for cost to obtain and maintain state licensing.
• The ability to negotiate skillfully while demonstrating diplomacy and tact to avoid or diffuse stressful situations.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office.
• Experience resolving challenging customer service situations in a highly professional manner.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Schedule ID 481. Application deadline is 9/27/2013.