Liberty Mutual Insurance, Associate Business Analyst – Commercial Insurance – Houston, TX, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7681
Wed, December 18, 2013
Launch your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
The start date for this program is June 2014.
As a Business Analyst you will perform business research that's designed to improve business processes and support decisions that contribute to the growth of profitable business.
• Conduct production-oriented activities by entering and extracting information from various applications and systems, manipulating data in spreadsheets; identifying and researching anomalies; and making corrections as needed.
• Use the information gathered to develop standard reports; may draw conclusions about trends, variances (against plan, year-over-year, etc.) and business performance; presents information and distributes reports.
• Assist others with conducting business research by gathering data, identifying options, performing cost-benefits analyses, and creating non-routine reports with detailed analyses and/or proposals to create or revise management policies, business processes and services provided to customers.
• Work with other departments to coordinate activities and project work in order to ensure that Liberty Mutual Insurance meets customer expectations. Assists in problem resolution as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply standard policies, procedures and other established guidelines.
• Effective analytical/problem solving and research skills; effective communication skills for exchanging routine and non-routine information (verbally and in writing) with people inside and outside the Company; proficiency with personal computers, spreadsheets and database software.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
• 401K and Company paid pension plan
• Medical coverage
• Dental coverage
• Paid time-off
• Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
• Discount fitness memberships
• Flexible spending accounts
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision care coverage
• Work/Life resources
• Credit Union membership
• Employee and Dependent life insurance
• Disability insurance
• Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7681. Application Deadline 12/18
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: