BlackRock, Inc., Analytics and Risk – Client Services – 2014 Analyst, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7688
Mon, November 25, 2013
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, with more than $3.7 trillion invested on behalf of our clients around the globe, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) supports the investment process through the development, deployment and support of Aladdin®, our enterprise investment management platform. Aladdin® is utilized by executives, portfolio management, risk management and operations teams both at BlackRock and at the universe of investment management institutions in our external Aladdin client community. Our external coverage includes asset managers, pensions, insurance companies, banks, and governments around the world. In total, BRS provides strategic advisory and enterprise investment management system services for our clients with portfolios totaling over $13 trillion. The Aladdin Business component within BRS is the natural evolution of our long-standing investment in developing sophisticated and highly integrated analytics and systems for managing money. Within the Aladdin Business, the Client Services team plays the vital role of enabling our Aladdin clients to utilize and leverage our investment tools and risk reporting so they can better execute their investment decisions.
In their first year, Client Services Analysts will gain extensive exposure to the end-to-end investment process run on Aladdin®. Analysts will develop their expertise by supporting client inquiries, acting as a problem solver, and participating in client projects. They will work extensively with our clients to help them use the Aladdin applications to analyze and execute market orders and trades, and to support the associated operations and data management processes. The specialized nature of the program serves as an excellent foundation for potential career paths in many directions within the firm. Because of the in depth training our Analysts receive they are able to leverage their content knowledge to ultimately move into a variety of Aladdin Business roles including Relationship Management, Implementations, or analytics roles. The Analyst Program has a long established history at BlackRock and for the past 15 years, many successful analysts have developed into leaders in different roles in BRS and across the firm.
Position: Client Services Analyst
Location: New York/ San Francisco
Job Description: Responsibilities include
• Develop an in depth knowledge of the Aladdin® platform and investment management workflows
• Serve as the first point of contact for Aladdin client inquiries pertaining to functionality, systems, and workflows
• Leverage system knowledge, subject matter expertise, and problem solving skills to address client questions and issues
• Develop close partnerships with clients, helping to educate and train them to best utilize Aladdin by providing daily support, as well as one-on-one and large group training.
• Communicate extensively with internal technical and relationship teams to raise and drive resolution of client issues
• Leverage technical skills and knowledge of our internal technology applications to help research and execute client requests
• Work with Implementation specialists and Relationship Managers to support implementations of new clients
• Leverage product knowledge to help with the rollout of new functionality across clients, and to help maintain Aladdin documentation and training materials
• Qualified students are those who have achieved academic excellence across all major areas of study, and are bright, motivated and demonstrate diversity of thought. Regardless of major, we look for a strong preference in analytical and technical interest/studies.
• Interest in a combination of investment management, technology and client interaction
• A passion and aptitude for delivering highest quality, client focused services
• Demonstrated problem solver with strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic
• Ability to apply technical skills and knowledge of our internal technology applications
• Enjoys a fast-paced, high intensity environment and multi-tasking
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent team player who sets high personal standards
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7688. Application Deadline 11/25
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: