Berkeley Research Group, LLC, Summer Associate (Intern), Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7820
Fri, January 31, 2014
Title: Summer Associate (Internship)
Location: Various Office Locations
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
The Summer Associate position is a temporary position as a member of our consulting staff. This position will include 8 weeks working as an entry level staff member. The Summer Associate will work in various practice areas (e.g., healthcare, intellectual property, antitrust, government contracts, energy, financial services, damages, etc.) throughout their time at BRG. The position requires a highly motivated problem solver with above average analytical ability. The work of a Summer Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects can range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has 25 offices across the United States, and in Australia, Canada, Latin America, and London, United Kingdom.
• Demonstrate creativity and learn to efficiently use relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
• Gain experience developing and maintaining electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
• Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
• Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
• Organize case documents; create and maintain hard copy and electronic libraries for documents and retrieve documents from libraries as necessary
• Participate in a positive team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Progression towards a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent in the areas of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other practice related subjects.
• Summer Associate positions are typically reserved for students who have one year remaining in their academic program.
• Proven capability with MS Excel is necessary. Knowledge and experience with other analytical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS Access, MS SQL Server) is desired. A willingness to expand those capabilities is required.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline 1/31. See BTT Gateway Job ID 7820
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- BTT Gateway
- Career Fairs
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- International Opportunities
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: