Grassroots Campaigns, Assistant Director, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7995
Fri, February 28, 2014
The struggle for peace and social justice never ends, and one has to make a greater vow not to be discouraged from the activist path. . ."
The progressive movement has seen some major advances in the past few years, from the EPA implementing better carbon emission standards to more and more states finally allowing full marriage equality to the LGBT community. Despite our best efforts the country remains divided on so many issues, and those divisions prevent some of the greatest problems from being solved. Issues like gay rights, protecting the last wild places on earth, and ending global hunger & poverty. Over the next year and the next election cycle, Grassroots’ activists will reach millions of people all across the country with solutions, and call those people to action inspiring millions to act, giving donations, time and energy to organizations who have the best ideas on how to make the world a better place.
There will always be easier paths to take, but no path will be more rewarding than the one fighting for these issues.
Grassroots Campaigns is currently hiring Assistant Canvass Directors to run field campaigns on behalf of issue-based organizations like Oxfam America, ACLU and The Nature Conservancy.
Grassroots Campaigns is looking to interview top students to join our teams as Assistant Canvass Directors! There is no better time to get involved and shape the next generation of activists that will take this country in a more progressive direction and see change on issues that matter now.
• Recruitment: Build a team of 15-50 canvassers by recruiting from within the local community. Interview prospective staff and make hiring decisions.
• Staff Management: Teach canvassing/fundraising skills. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming and motivating atmosphere.
• Canvassing: Canvass in the field for four days per week, to train new and experienced staff in the field and meet personal fundraising requirements.
• Administration: Carefully track income and expenses. Manage the budget for your office. Process staff payroll. Maintain records for future organizing efforts.
Grassroots Campaigns’ past and current clients include: Amnesty International, the American Civil Liberties Union, Oxfam America, the League of Conservation Voters, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Equality California, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty Animals, VoteVets, the Democratic National Committee, MoveOn.org Political Action, Repower America, Working America, Common Cause, and the Center for American Progress and Save the Children. (Save the Children is an independent organization and is not religiously or politically aligned. Save the Children has no direct affiliation with the organizations Grassroots Campaigns, Inc. partners with.)
Please visit our website, www.grassrootscampaigns.com, for more information about current and past campaigns.
Strong communication and motivational skills, work ethic, and desire for political change are essential.
Candidates must be able to work within a team, have proven leadership ability and experience handling a lot of responsibility.
Strong self-direction and the ability to take initiative are also necessary qualifications.
Previous field or canvassing experience is a plus, and may qualify candidates for additional leadership positions.
Application Deadline 2/28 . See BTT Gateway Job ID 7995
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: