Blanton Museum of Art, Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings Fellow, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8174
Tue, April 1, 2014
REPORTS TO: Senior Curator of Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings
DATES: August 27, 2014 – May 21, 2015
COMPENSATION: $4784 stipend
DESCRIPTION: The Julia Matthews Wilkinson Center for Prints and Drawings houses the collections, the H-E-B Study Room, and the curatorial offices for the Blanton Museum of Art’s Department of Prints and Drawings. The collections are comprised of approximately 14,000 prints and 1,500 drawings, ranging from the 15th century to the present. The Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings Fellow will assist the department in many of its activities including upkeep of object files and archives, and handling artwork and monitoring its use outside of the storage vault. This position is not benefits eligible.
Graduate Fellows are invited to participate in a variety of enrichment activities at the Blanton, which may include professional development seminars, docent trainings, exhibition openings, public programs, and tours. Graduate Fellows also receive a discount in the Blanton Shop and Café, and free admission to B Scene.
• Research works of art on paper and European paintings from the Blanton’s permanent collection and from lending institutions and private collections for reinstallations, rotations, and exhibitions at the museum
• Assist in administrative tasks as needed
• Graduate student in good standing at the University of Texas at Austin, making satisfactory progress towards an advanced degree
• Approval of the graduate, thesis, or dissertation advisor
• Must remain registered for at least 9 credit hours during the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters.
• Must maintain at least a 3.0 graduate GPA.
• A general knowledge of art history
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good reading ability of at least two of the following languages: Spanish, French, German, and Italian
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and some knowledge of research tools and databases
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND:
• Resume or curriculum vitae with education, employment history, and contact information for three references
• One letter of recommendation
• Short sample of academic writing (10 pages maximum)
• Cover letter addressing your interest in the position. If applying for more than one Graduate Fellowship, please include order of preference.
Submit as PDF (please no doc files) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2014.
Please note: 2014-2015 Graduate Fellowships are dependent upon confirmation of funding.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 8174. Application Deadline 4/1
- About Us
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: