Pearson Education, Educational Sales Representative, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 8543
Wed, July 2, 2014
Explore this position and apply via your BTT Gateway account, job ID 8543
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Pearson Higher Education is committed to improving grades, course outcomes and putting the student at the center with powerful and flexible educational solutions and programs that are developed and assessed for quality, efficacy and usability.
We currently have an educational sales opportunity in the greater Houston, TX area within our Professional & Career Group.
A Pearson sales representative is customer facing in assisting and supporting the transformation of learning. Sales representatives are responsible for creating effective and innovative sales solutions that address issues and challenges facing institutions, instructors and students today to meet necessary educational outcomes. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success with a demonstrated ability to meet and exceed goals. A strong interest in digital media and applications to learning is a must.
Successful sale representatives:
• Employ effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business.
• Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities; maintain product knowledge around Pearson technologies, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
• Deliver technology presentations to faculty.
• Demonstrate teamwork through sharing of best practices and working with cross functional teams.
• Implement company initiatives into sales territory.
• Build strong partnerships with faculty members and college bookstore personnel.
We are looking for talented salespeople to engage our customers and help us to continue to grow the business.
In addition to a highly competitive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, Pearson Sales Representatives receive a company car, all travel expenses and an excellent benefits package. We provide an extensive training program and ongoing professional development. Promotional opportunities for our successful representatives include sales management, marketing, editorial, digital solutions as well as many other areas.
Successful candidates for the position should demonstrate:
• High Achievement and proven track record for excelling in a fast-paced college and/or work environment.
• Sales experience or aptitude via enthusiasm for the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers’ needs.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience with Learning Technologies or curiosity about the development of traditional and technology based intellectual property.
• Technological proficiency and strong working knowledge of the internet, mobile technologies, and computer applications and business systems.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication.
• A 4-year college degree demonstrating academic excellence.
If you're passionate about education, competitive and have a strong desire for achievement, then you might find a career with Pearson to be a perfect fit. If you're interested in changing the way the world learns, then we'd like to meet you.
Please feel free to visit us at:
www.pearson.com | www.pearsoned.com | www.pearsonhighered.com
- Career Planning
- Your Search
- Value of Liberal Arts Degree
- Pre-Law & Graduate School Advising
- Credit Courses
- Professional Development
- International Opportunities
- Liberal Arts Career Stories
- Graduate Students
- Faculty & Staff
- About Us
Liberal Arts Career Services
University of Texas at Austin
2304 Whitis Ave. Stop G6200
Austin, Texas 78712-1508
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: