The Julius Glickman Conference Center
The conference center is for the use of the College of Liberal Arts faculty or staff. The description of the facilities is as follows:
- 1.302 B and E are large open rooms that can seat between 65 (E) and 100 (B) people
- 1.302 A and F are smaller seminar rooms that could be used for teaching purposes
- 1.302 C and D are meetings rooms which can seat up to 20 (C) and 35 (D) people
Photo Credits: Sandy Carson
Click for layout diagrams:
Conference Center [PDF]
Conference Room [PDF]
Reserving the Conference Center
Reservation requests will be reviewed based upon the following schedule:
- Spring semester - first business day of September
- Summer semester - first business day of January
- Fall semester - first business day of April
- Conferences, symposiums, and professional meetings may request space up to one year in advance of the event
To make a request, please download and read: Acceptable Use Policy (pdf)
If you agree to the policy, sign, scan and return the docuement via email to:
Subject: "Reservation Request for the Julius Glickman Conference Center"
and provide the following information in the body of the email:
- Your name:
- Your phone number:
- Name of Event:
- Date and Time of Event:
- Approximate Number of Participants:
- Other information or questions
You can expect a response within three business days.
LAITS will provide two levels of event management services:
- On-call technical services are available during weekend and holidays at no costs
- On-site technical support is available upon request. A fee for these services will be charged based on number of hours technical support is required to be present during the event.
Additional Event Support
Patio and Pool
Contact the Rec Sports Outdoor Rental Center directly for access to the Gregory Gym Pool at 512.471.8047.
Security and Access
Evening, weekend, or holiday reservations can be made; however it is the responsibility of the department to unlock for their event as well as ensuring the conference center is locked back up following the event. The reservations team will help make that determination. If need be, you can put in a security request via the UTPD Event Security Request form.
Equipment and Room Preparations
Space set up and cleaning are the responsiblity of the room users. LAITS does not help with event set up.
For additional items needed that are not already available in the conference center, contact University Event Support and Moving Services.
- Staging Platforms
- Stanchions/Ropes (6 ft.)
- UT seals for podiums
- U.S./Texas flag sets
- Coat racks
- Water pitchers/glasses
- Trash cans (32 gal)
- Table cloths
- Table skirts