This week's round-up focuses on lecture capture technology.
- Lecture capture: making the most of face-to-face learning (Engineering Education Journal)
"Volume 4 Issue 2 is our first special issue" of Engineering Education: Journal of the Higher Education Academy Engineering Subject Centre. Includes download of "Lecture capture: making the most of face-to-face learning" by Simon Davis, Anthea Connolly and Edmund Linfield, 2009.
- Free downloads: Lecture capture white papers (TechSmith)
"Since lecture capture is still a relatively new concept, [TechSmith has] put together a raft of PDF resources" on lecture capture technology, using their product as an example. Includes:
- The Convergence of Lecture Capture and Social Media (Archive) (EDUCause)
EDUCause Live! Jan 26 2010 Presentation (Archive) by Joshua Kim, Senior Learning Technologist and Adjunct Professor, Dartmouth College and ECAR Fellow, EDUCAUSE.
- Thoughts on 'The Convergence of Lecture Capture and Social Media'
Response to the above EDUCause presentation.
- Lecture capture in higher education: a Northwestern study? (National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education)
"How is higher education handling lecture capture in 2009? A Northwestern University study polled academics from multiple institutions and nations, then shared the results." Contains link to downloadable PDF.
- The Merits of Lecture Capture Systems (SpokenWord.org)
"Presenting over four years' worth of research evidence on the impact of lecture capture systems (LCSs), this session features data regarding both students and faculty usage and attitudes toward LCSs, along with key academic indicators (for example, grades and retention)."
- Stop capturing classes, and start capturing explanations.
Response to the lecture capture issue.
Like what you see? Let us know!