Argentine Studies Program Funding Guidelines
LLILAS Associate and Affiliate Faculty are invited to submit a funding proposal to the Argentine Studies Program. Funds may be used for two main tracks of activities:
- Initiatives that promote visibility of Argentinean issues on our campus. These may include invited speakers, lectures, and conferences focusing on Argentinean issues.
- Activities that support the scholarly work of LLILAS faculty and UT graduate students. These may include partial travel funds for research purposes including collaborative programs with Argentinean institutions and researchers. Priority will be given to proposals to use the funds as research planning seed money to prepare for grants that are run through LLILAS.
Criteria for Proposals
Proposals may be submitted by a LLILAS Associate or Affiliate Faculty member or a currently enrolled UT graduate student and must meet the following criteria.
- 750–1,000 words in length
- Justify how the activities support scholarly work that strengthens Argentine studies at UT
- Specify how the funded activity will contribute to ongoing efforts on the topic (e.g., grant proposal, ongoing research, course development, etc.)
- Include a budget and confirmation of supplementary funds from other UT units
In any given year, the proposals selected should reflect the disciplinary, methodological, and topical diversity of faculty expertise.
Please submit your proposals by March 10, 2014. Proposal selection will take place shortly after the deadline and applicants will be notified in late March.
For more information on these guidelines, contact Paloma Díaz at 512.232.2415.
- About Us
- Digital Resources
- Centers & Programs
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Funding Opportunities
- LLILAS Internships
- Student Directory
- Theses & Dissertations
- UT Graduate Network
- Study Abroad
- Visiting Academics
- Public Engagement
- Giving to LLILAS
- Nettie Lee Benson Latin American Collection
- Consultar nuestro sitio en español
- Consultar o nosso site em português
Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies
University of Texas at Austin
2300 Red River Street D0800
Austin, Texas 78712
- Office of the Dean
- Academic Affairs
- Research & Graduate Studies
- Student Affairs
- Business Affairs
- Human Resources
- Alumni & Giving
- Public Affairs
- LAITS: IT & Facilities
- The University of Texas at Austin
116 Inner Campus Dr Stop G6000
Austin, TX 78712
- General Inquiries: