We take pride in helping our students move "Beyond The Tower." Our Beyond The Tower™ (BTT) initiatives provide students the tools needed to begin or advance their chosen career.
We invite you to take advantage of these great resources to assist with your recruiting. If you have any questions, please contact our Recruiting Team at 512.471.7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Events & Career Fairs|
|Job & Internship Postings||Information Sessions|
|On-Campus Interviews||Dates to Consider|
Job & Internship Posting StandardsOrganizations wishing to recruit students and alumni of The University of Texas Austin using BTT Gateway or AccessUT can do so free of charge. All job/internship submissions are reviewed and approved/rejected based upon the information contained in the postings.
Postings must adhere to the following criteria:
- All jobs and internships posted must be career-related/professionally-oriented and require candidates pursuing or already possessing a university degree.
- Third-party recruiters (e.g., employment agencies) may post specific positions as long as the hiring client's info is fully disclosed; third-party recruiters may not post general advertisement(s) to solicit candidates for their services.
- Internship postings must meet the definition and criteria established for internships by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). For more information, please see the internship guidelines.
- In accordance with UT System Regent’s Rules & Regulations, job and internship postings with the following requirements are ineligible (see campus policies for details):
- Positions requiring or asking employees to market products/services on the UT Austin campus. Examples include campus brand ambassador and similar positions.
- Fee-based programs. Examples include fee-based training programs, fee-based placements or positions requiring the purchase of supplies or a training kit.
- Postings advertising events, services or programs (e.g., career fairs, test prep, etc.).
Job & Internship Postings
BTT Gateway is the College of Liberal Arts recruiting system used for job and internship postings, resume collections and on-campus interview schedules. BTT Gateway (formerly called LiberalArts@Work) is your primary source for jobs postings for Liberal Arts students at UT Austin
AccessUT is the campus-wide database where you can post job and internship opportunities in order to attract UT student and alumni candidates.
HireTexas is a collaborative effort of the 15 career services offices on the UT Austin campus to provide employers seeking to hire UT students a single, first point-of-contact interface with the variety of recruiting services available, including on-campus interviewing, career fairs, university-wide and college-specific job and internship posting services and resume referrals.
Hire-A-Longhorn can be used if you have non-professional, seasonal or part-time hiring needs. Hire-A-Longhorn is an online database available to all students of The University who are seeking employment to earn extra money while they attend school.
We invite you to take advantage of the convenience of interviewing several student candidates in our offices during an on-campus interview day. Our recruiting system, BTT Gateway, allows you to post your position(s) on-line, screen applicants, and make interview selections so you interview only the applicants you have selected.
Our modern facilities are in the hub of campus and offer private, updated interview suites in the center of campus (FAC).
To inquire about a campus interview day or to reserve interview rooms, please contact Monica Gully, Program Coordinator, at 512-471-7900 or email@example.com.
Events & Career Events
We have multiple recruiting events each semester including two large career fairs, a nonprofit/public service career fair and several smaller events. For more information, please visit our events page.
We are able to arrange a room reservation for you to conduct an information session/presentation about your organization. These sessions are generally in the early evening and all students are invited. We add these events to our recruiting calendar and market them to all Liberal Arts students. These sessions can also be a great way to provide preliminary information to students before an on-campus interview day. To arrange an Information Session, please contact Monica Gully, Program Coordinator, at 512-471-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates to Consider
You have access to our students throughout the academic year and we are happy to accommodate special recruiting requests. However, in scheduling visits to campus you may wish to refer to the following academic schedule for the best dates. For exact dates, please visit UT's calendar.
Fall Semester: September - December
Last Week of August - First Day of Classes
First Week of September - Labor Day Holiday
Mid-October - Midterms
Late November - Thanksgiving Vacation (Thursday & Friday)
Early-Mid December - Final Exams
Recruiting Note: Recruiting generally occurs between late August and mid-November.
Spring Semester: January - May
Mid-January - First Day of Classes (after MLK Holiday)
Early to Mid-March - Midterm Period
Mid-March - Spring break
First Week of May - Last Class Day
Recruiting Note: Recruiting generally occurs between late January and mid-April.