Mock interviews are an excellent way to gain experience with interviewing. Our Career Coaches are prepared to provide either behavioral or case study mock interviews depending on your career path of interest.
Format & Learning Goals
A simulated 60-minute mock interview provides the opportunity to try out your interviewing skills in a safe, learning environment. The Career Coach will conduct the mock interview using the industry, company and/or job of interest to you. After the mock interview, the Career Coach will provide productive feedback on your answers, body language and speech.
In addition, the Career Coach will help you:
- develop strategies to discuss your strengths and academic and professional accomplishments;
- develop your storytelling technique; and
- learn about the more common and challenging interview questions.
Register for Your Mock Interview
To set up your mock interview with a Career Coach, complete our Mock Interview Request Form. Mock interviews are one of our more popular services; therefore, we recommend submitting your request as soon as you are ready to begin preparing for your next interview.
If you require assistance with completing the form or have questions about our mock interview program, please call us at 512-471-7900.
Please Note: Mock interviews are available to students and alumni with active BTT Gateway accounts and graduate students registered with Liberal Arts Career Services. Eligible students and alumni can schedule two mock interviews per semester or summer term.
LACS No-Show Policy for Mock Interviews
I will be considered a no-show if I schedule a mock interview and cancel beyond the 2 business days policy and/or do not show within 15 minutes of the start time of the appointment.
- First no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days and must submit a letter of explanation to the career coach before eligibility is reinstated. This letter of explanation will include my plan to ensure that I will be better prepared for future professional interviews.
- Second no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days and must submit a letter of explanation to the Career Coach before eligibility is reinstated. This letter of explanation will include my plan to ensure that I will be better prepared for future professional interviews.
- Third no-show: I will lose access to career coaching and my BTT Gateway account will be locked for the remainder of the semester.