Resume Templates & Action Verbs
Welcome to the Liberal Arts Career Services resume template help page! This information is intended to help you create a professionally formatted resume to highlight your skills and accomplishments.
Templates are pre-formatted word documents allowing you to simply insert your information into a structured, professionally designed document. Download the template as a Word Document, insert your content into the template, and save the document continuously while writing your resume.
The Resume Templates and Action Verbs are intended to be examples to help facilitate writing your resume. Please do not copy these resumes verbatim as this could have a negative impact if your peers use the same resume for the same organization. Each resume template is unique in style and content and allows for flexibility in career interests.
Once your resume is complete, visit Liberal Arts Career Services for resume assistance to ensure that your content highlights your talents and abilities. We can also help you target your skills to the intended application. To schedule an appointment with a Career Coach all 512-471-7900 or visit the office during our walk-in hours. Don't forget to bring your resume to your meeting with a Career Coach!
- Resume Style 1 is designed for a gap year experience with an emphasis on study abroad, on-campus employment, volunteering, and campus life. Download this resume in word or PDF.
- Resume Style 2 is designed for a business career with an emphasis on relevant coursework and internships. Download this resume in word or PDF.
- Resume Style 3 is designed for a leadership career with a nonprofit or community program and emphasizes research experience, leadership roles within student organizations, and customer service employment. Download this resume in word or PDF.
- Resume Style 4 is designed for a career in politics and government and emphasizes relevant coursework, participation in campus programs, leadership roles, and internships. Download this resume in word or PDF.
- Resume Style 5 is designed for teaching careers and emphasizes classroom, community, and leadership experiences. Download this resume in word or PDF.
Review a list of Liberal Arts Career Services recommended Resume Action Verbs to develop your bullet points and descriptions of your experiences.
LACS Resume Policy
The first resume you upload to BTT Gateway will be reviewed by a member of LACS for grammar, format, marketing and relevance to help you highlight your experience in a professional format. Please allow up to two business days for the review process, during which you will not be able to submit the resume for jobs or internships in BTT Gateway. If your resume is not approved, we will provide feedback to help you craft a stronger resume. Once your first resume is approved, all subsequent resume uploads will be automatically approved and you will have immediate access to the resume for BTT Gateway applications. Due to the review process, we recommend you upload your resume well in advance of any upcoming deadlines.
Review the LACS Resume Guidelines to learn the criteria for resume approval.