LACS Student Registration Agreement
Liberal Arts Career Services' policies and guidelines have been created to protect you, the Liberal Arts student, as well as to facilitate your coaching needs and recruiting activities with our employers. To that end, we require all students registering with our office to acknowledge and agree with the following terms. Once you have read through this document, you will be ready to open your BTT Gateway account. In order to familiarize yourself with your responsibilities and rights, we recommend that you print a copy of this agreement for your records.
- I understand the eligibility criteria required to open a BTT Gateway account and I certify that I am one of the following: 1) a current UT Austin Liberal Arts degree-seeking student; 2) a UT Austin Liberal Arts undergraduate program alumni within one year of graduation; 3) a currently enrolled Liberal Arts UTeach student; or 4) an international exchange student currently enrolled at UT Austin in a Liberal Arts major.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to read the BTT Gateway job and internship requirements and to apply only to the opportunities for which I am eligible based on the posted criteria.
- I understand that if I do not meet the eligibility requirements and open an account or if I apply for a job or internship for which I am not eligible, I will be in violation of College and University policy.
Consent to Release Records
- If I select the option to allow employers to view my information, I grant Liberal Arts Career Services (LACS) at The University of Texas at Austin permission to release the resume, cover letter, and other materials I submit through the online registration process to prospective employers in printed and/or electronic format, or via the Internet.
- I certify that the information I supply to LACS on my resume and in my BTT Gateway profile is correct. I understand that supplying false information is a violation of student standards of conduct. If false information is discovered, I will be blocked from using LACS services for a length of time determined by the LACS Director. I understand that corrections of the false information will be sent to all companies to whom the false information was supplied.
- I understand that I may select the "unspecified" option when completing my demographic data on gender, ethnicity and disability status in the online registration process. I understand that selecting "unspecified" in these fields will not affect my registration with Liberal Arts Career Services.
Acknowledgement & Agreement of Job Search Ethics
When I accept a job offer in good faith, I will fulfill my commitments regarding that job offer and not consider other offers of employment.
Interview Cancellation & No-Show Policy
When participating in on-campus recruiting or RSVP events I will comply with the LACS Interview Policies:
- Cancellations: I will do my best to attend any scheduled interviews or events, but when absolutely necessary I will cancel at least 2 business days prior to the interview. To cancel the interview I will call LACS at 512-471-7900 or visit LACS in FAC 18.
- No-Shows: I understand that if I no-show for an interview or event, I will be noncompliant with the LACS policies.
- I will be considered a no-show if I am invited for an interview and sign up for a time slot but fail to attend or do not cancel my time slot according to policy.
- First No-Show: If I am a no-show for one interview or RSVP event, my BTT Gateway account will be locked and I will be asked for a letter of apology addressed to the employer or interviewer. Once I have supplied LACS with a letter of apology, my account will be unlocked.
- Second No-Show: If I am a no-show for a second interview or RSVP event in the same semester, I will be asked for a letter of apology, my BTT Gateway account will be locked, and I will be barred from participating in on-campus recruiting for the following six months.
- FOR ALUMNI: Please note that failing to attend an on-campus interview or RSVP event scheduled either through BTT Gateway or directly by an employer, will result in being blocked from further usage of LACS recruiting services, including BTT Gateway. There is no warning after a first no-show. Alumni will be blocked permanently.
LACS No-Show and Cancellation/Reschedule Policy for Career Coaching
- I understand that I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 7 days if I fail to cancel of reschedule 2 hours before my appointment with the career coach.
- I will be considered a no-show if I do not cancel or reschedule prior to the end of my appointment with the career coach.
- First no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days.
- Second no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days and must submit a letter of explanation to the career coach before eligibility is reinstated. This letter of explanation will include my plan to ensure that I will be better prepared for future professional appointments.
- Third no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for the remainder of the semester.
LACS No-Show Policy for Mock Interviews
I will be considered a no-show if I schedule a mock interview and cancel beyond the 2 business days policy and/or do not show within 15 minutes of the start time of the appointment.
- First no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days and must submit a letter of explanation to the career coach before eligibility is reinstated. This letter of explanation will include my plan to ensure that I will be better prepared for future professional interviews.
- Second no-show: I will have no access to career coaching or my BTT Gateway account for 14 days and must submit a letter of explanation to the Career Coach before eligibility is reinstated. This letter of explanation will include my plan to ensure that I will be better prepared for future professional interviews.
- Third no-show: I will lose access to career coaching and my BTT Gateway account will be locked for the remainder of the semester.
Failure to comply with any of these terms will result in the cancellation of your registration with LACS or will constitute a policy violation for non-Liberal Arts students. For more information about these policies or for further direction to ensure you meet the requirements, please contact LACS at 512/471-7900.
Nondiscrimination Policy: It is the policy of The University of Texas at Austin to offer an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, including sexual harassment, age, disability, citizenship, and veteran status. Procedures for filing discrimination complaints on the basis of gender, including sexual harassment, are addressed by HOP Policy 4.B.2. Pursuant to University policy, this policy also prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
HOP Policy 4.B.1: Nondiscrimination
HOP Policy 4.B.2: Sexual Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
As a student using the Liberal Arts Career Services, please be advised of your rights under federal law, and of the method for filing a complaint with the appropriate agency. The office of the Dean of Students has primary responsibility for responding to questions about and receiving student complaints of discrimination of or by students. Students who believe they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation should consult with the Assistant Dean of Students. Office of the Senior Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students: Phone 512-471-5017
Additionally, students or employees may address questions or complaints to a department chairperson or other university administrative personnel within the department of administrative area in which such actions are alleged to be occurring. In such cases, the chairperson or administrator should immediately contact the Assistant Dean of Students or the Equal Opportunity Services office for consultation.
Equal Opportunity Services: Phone 512-471-1849
Your Information: The Texas Public Information Act, with a few exceptions, gives you the right to be informed about the information that The University of Texas at Austin collects about you. It also gives you the right to request a copy of that information; and to have The University correct any of that information that is wrong. You may request to receive and review any of that information, or request corrections to it, by contacting the University's Public Information Officer, Office of Financial Affairs, PO Box 8179, Austin, Texas, 78713.
Open Your Account
Now that you have completed the online orientation and read through the Registration Agreement, you are ready to open your BTT Gateway account. When signing up, you will be prompted to create a Username and Password. You must use your UTEID for your Username, however please do not use your UTEID password. Sign up now: Create My BTT Gateway Account
Download This Agreement
Download a copy of this Registration Agreement for your records.