LA 110wb - Summer
LA 110wb is a one-credit, web-based course designed to complement your internship experience. Assignments will be completed each week and uploaded to Blackboard. Assignments include journals, evaluations and a final paper. Course communications are also managed via Blackboard by email. This course is offered for academic credit, which counts toward your overall GPA and fulfills any lower division elective credit requirements. This course is available on a pass/fail basis only (see grading note below).
Pass/Fail Grading Note
LA 110wb is offered for a pass/fail grade only (no letter grade). Please note that you must earn an overall grade of 75 or greater to pass this course. Any overall grade of 74.9 or below will receive a fail grade for this course.
The Liberal Arts internship courses are open to all College of Liberal Arts students, regardless of major, who meet the following requirements:
- You have a 2.25 or higher GPA
- You have at least sophomore status (30+ hours) by the start of the course
- You are registered with BTT Gateway
- You are in good academic standing at UT Austin
- If you have taken any of the LA internship courses in a previous semester, you earned a passing grade in each course (you have never failed an LA internship course)
The internship site may be local or outside of the Austin area. See the main internship page for Internship Site Eligibility.
Liberal Arts internship courses can be repeated in different semesters/summer sessions in conjunction with new/different internships; however, you cannot register for a Liberal Arts internship course more than once in a given semester or during the summer (i.e., if you have more than one intenrship, you can only enroll in the course once in conjunction with one of your internships).
You must intern 4-5 weeks, 12 hours per week, during the 5-week summer term in which you are enrolled.
You must complete all three steps in the application process (see details in How To Apply section below) by the application deadline. If you do not complete one or more application steps by the application deadline, the course will be officially closed and you will not be eligible to participate in the internship course.
- LA f110wb (first-term): Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM
- LA s110wb (second-term):Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM
How To Apply
This course has a three-step application process. All steps must be completed by the application deadline listed above. NOTE: Submit your application as early as possible. If your application is not approved, having a good amount of time before the application deadline allows you to find another internship, change your internship plans or consider taking a different course before your add/drop period closes.
- Step 1 - Application Part I: Part I should be completed once you have secured your internship or if you are in the process of applying for an internship and your employer needs confirmation that you will be eligible for academic credit before hiring you. Access the online [Access the online form HERE.] We will use this information to verify that you meet the student criteria and to make an initial evaluation of your internship site's eligibility. This first step should be completed as soon as possible.
- Step 2 - Course Enrollment: Once Part I is approved, you will be authorized to add/register for the course. It is fully your responsibility to register for the course. We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the registration/add times and related fees. Note: registering after the 4th class day during the fall/spring may result in higher fees.
- Step 3 - Application Part II & Credit Requirement Confirmation: Download Part II of the Internship Course Application Form [Download HERE]; you and your internship supervisor will complete and sign this form. The completed form should be scanned and emailed to Amira Sounny-Slitine, internship course coordinator, at email@example.com. If you cannot scan the application, you can drop it off at FAC 18 or fax it to 512-471-7903.
Incomplete Applications: If any part of your application is received incomplete or if you fail to complete all steps in the application process by the deadline, you will not be eligible to participate in the internship course. For that reason it is important to: 1) make sure that you have properly completed each line in the application forms; 2) register for the course well before the deadline; and 3) submit your application parts well before the deadline.