Canadian Resume/CV Tips
In general, Canadian resumes generally follow the same rules and format as American resumes.
- Do not include personal information.
- Use reverse chronological order when listing jobs and education.
- Substitute the word "university" for "college", as the term "college" has a different meaning in Canada (vocational school).
- Special rules for Quebec:
- It is advisable to be bilingual if you plan to work in Quebec
- Print your resume double-sided with an English version on one side; French on the other.
- Always research the organizations in Quebec to determine if they are predominantly French or English-speaking.
- If the position is advertised in English, respond in English. If in French, respond in French.
General Sites For Canadian Employment
CampusAccess.com Canadian job-seeking advice for college students
Anne Whitten Bilingual Recruitment English/French Bilingual Placement Agency
Prince Edward Island