Comprehensive Job & Internship Search Guide
Are you ready to connect with job and internship opportunities, but don't know where to start?
This guide introduces you to a variety of job/internship posting sites, career research tools, career search preparation help and professional networking resources.
|Job & Internship Highlights||Career & Internship Research
|General Posting Sites
||Stories & Advice
|Job & Internship Preparation
||Networking & Social Media
The most common job and internship search sites are the following:
- BTT Gateway - Our job and internship database offers a variety of open positions, resume drops and on-campus interview opportunities. BTT Gateway also allows you to upload your resumes and receive regular messages of job/internship activities.
- AccessUT - Use AccessUT to search for professional/career oriented job and internship opportunities with employers seeking to hire UT students and alumni. New positions are posted every day.
- CareerShift - This job and internship search tool (free to COLA students) allows you to search, review, and save nation-wide jobs and internships from any computer, 24/7. Check out the tutorial or access CareerShift from your BTT Gateway account under the "External Links" tab.
The General Posting Sites page offers common job banks, a comprehensive list of general posting sites, and subscription sites which have been pre-paid by LACS for any UT Austin Liberal Arts student.
- OptimalResume: A powerful new tool for writing your resume, drafting a cover letter, creating your portfolio, and preparing for interviews. This program allows you to develop or style your resume, build a portfolio online, and complete a virtual mock interview. Sample resume descriptions are provided for many positions in a wide range of industries to help you best discuss your experiences.
- Resumes & Cover Letters: Learn how to write winning resumes and cover letters and check out the templates designed specifically for liberal arts students.
- Interviews: Explore our interview pages to help you succeed in your next interview. Our interviews site includes help with behavioral and case interviews, phone and panel interviews, as well as salary negotiation.
- Vault: Vault is an online career resource library that allows you to research careers, positions, companies, organizations and geographical locations. Vault also provides a collection of industry and career-topic e-books available, free of charge to BTT Gateway students, for download.
- Book of Lists & Weekly Business Journals: Essential information on the leading businesses and employers in over 60 of the U.S.'s most dynamic markets, including Austin. Check out the rankings to find top employers in various industries.
- How To Research Employers Series: A helpful series that provides keen advice and several resources on how to research corporate, nonprofit and public sector employers. These publications are available for download.
- Going Global: A comprehensive resource for students interested in traveling and working abroad.
- LACS Resource Library: Our library, located in FAC 18, is available between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. We stock a comprehensive selection of career, internship, pre-law and graduate school print and online resources. The library is open to Liberal Arts students, as well as alumni, to research, explore and study in a quiet environment.
- Check out our Making Majors Work and Making Internships Work collection of liberal arts students' success stories - and how you can do the same.
- So You Want To Work In...?: A series of factsheets introducing you to a variety of professions open to you as a liberal arts student, as well as providing advice on how to get into these industries. This series includes diplomatic corps, hospitality management, human resources, law firms, Peace Corps, and real estate.
- Internship Site Reviews: Find out what liberal arts students say about internship sites across Texas and the world.