Making the Most of 2011 Career Expo
Thu, October 13, 2011 • 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM • FAC 18
Presented by Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Do you want to know how to talk with employers and create opportunities for yourself at the 2011 Career Expo on October 19, 2011? If so, this workshop is for you!
Attend this workshop to learn from the Austin Enterprise Rent-A-Car Recruiter what works and doesn’t work at a Career Fair and what employers are really looking for.
Have you ever wondered...
* How do I walk up to a booth and start a conversation with an employer?
* What are topics I should bring up and which ones should I avoid?
* What do I wear to a Career Fair? What do I take with me?
* Are there ways to find out about jobs that aren’t posted?
* When is the best time of day to go to the Career Fair?
* How do I respond if an employer wants to interview me?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions: this workshop is for you!
We will address all of these topics:
* How to make the best first impression
* What questions you should ask employers
* Who will be there and what they are looking for
* How to follow up after the event