PLS Account Executive Trainee Position - Information Session
Tue, January 29, 2013 • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM • Calhoun 21
They say everything is bigger & better in Texas….. Well PLS has now joined the party!
Over the past two decades, we have become one of the country’s leading logistics management service providers. Based just outside of Pittsburgh, PA, we have expanded to include offices in Jacksonville, FL and now HOUSTON, TX as we are continuing our domination of the industry! We ship with thousands of companies all over the United States to bring them a new level of optimization to meet their supply chain needs.
Jump on the PLS EXPRESS as we are now recruiting for our Account Executive Trainee position for our BRAND NEW office in Houston, Texas. Your first 6 months will be spent at our corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA training; where you will learn our industry and then be moved back to Houston, TX to become a founding member of PLS Houston.
You will get to lay the groundwork and set the tone for our expanding sales team in the state of Texas. By joining our transportation brokerage team you will be able to earn un-capped commissions and your performance will be rewarded. PLS also offers full dental, health, and vision benefits with a strong 401K program. Visit our website at www.plslogistics.com/careers for more information. Join our team and see where your new career may take you!
By joining PLS, one the nation's fastest growing and exciting brokerage companies, you will get to
- Build and manage a book of business
- Negotiate price and execute on operational logistics
- Sell on a national level, as well as into Mexico and Canada
- Participate in 3 and ½ months of training. Spent between classroom learning and direct mentorship with our talented Account Executives
- In depth sales training to help you prepare to meet the needs and goals of your customer base
- Direct support from a Group Sales Manager – Our GSMs have all sold for us before so you learn from someone who walked a mile in your shoes
- Proactively develop a new portfolio of clients through cold calling industry leads
- Negotiate client and carrier freight rates
- Take charge of client service issues through to the point of resolution
- Be the liaison between shipper, consignee, and carrier
- Build and foster strong relationships
- Be open to coaching and learning while putting in the time and effort to be successful
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- College degree
- Extreme multi-tasking
- Work Hard - Play Hard Attitude
- Strong communication Skills
- High Energy and Enthusiasm
- Confident decision making
- Career Driven
- Attention to Detail