Office of State Rep Marsha Farney Legislative Internship - Application Deadline
Fri, March 1, 2013
We are seeking a bright and motivated individual interested in gaining experience in the inner-workings of the legislature to assist with day-to-day operations in our Capitol office. You will be expected to meet with constituents and interest groups, conduct policy research, track and analyze legislation, and assist with administrative work. Interns are expected to make a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week. College coursework in business or political science is preferred but not required.
• Ability to quickly master new skills in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills
• High level of organization
• Ability to work effectively with representatives from government agencies, legislative offices, and advocacy organizations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet-based research
1) current resume
2) brief writing sample and
3) availability to Chris Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: February 28th, 2013