Project Sunshine Summer Program Intern - Application Deadline
Fri, April 5, 2013
Interns will be responsible for:
-Executing program planning and leading activities at hospital volunteer events as a part of Project Sunshine’s special summer program, "Camp Project Sunshine" 3 to 4 days a week
-Supporting program staff in ordering and shipping out supplies, and assisting at hospital volunteer events and corporate social responsibility events
-Supporting development staff in planning fundraising events, researching grants, and assembling press kits
- Coordinating distribution of sending sunshine items to medical facilities across the country
-Researching and developing new program ideas
- Assisting with general office work including errands, front desk duties, filing work, organizing storage closet, and assisting with special projects
- Strong oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The desire to learn about the nonprofit sector
- Event planning experience a plus
- Volunteer coordination experience a plus
Candidates must be willing to commit to working 40 hours a week for the summer.
Both a cover letter and resume are required. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the cover letter and resume in BOTH the body of the email and as attachments in case the attachments cannot be opened. Please put "Summer Internship 2013" in the title of your email.