Liberty Mutual Underwriting Internship (Commercial Insurance) - Application Deadline
Wed, May 1, 2013
Liberty Mutual's underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a customer, and if so, what is a fair price given the terms and conditions? On the surface these questions may seem straightforward, but our underwriters must be smart, responsive problem solvers who can dig a little deeper for the answers.
As a Commercial Underwriting Intern, you will develop knowledge about the commercial insurance business through exposure to our underwriting operation. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. While your assignments will vary over time as you gain experience and skills, interns will typically perform some of the work of an entry-level Underwriter, such as:
• Learning the basics of Underwriting and how to use various systems and applications.
• Assisting the Underwriter/Underwriting Assistant with policy issuance, prospects, new business and endorsements.
• Reviewing, evaluating and categorizing incoming documents; verifying information for accuracy/appropriateness and follow up with others for missing or questionable data
• Entering and retrieving information of varying complexity using computer systems and applications to update records, obtain information for others and respond independently to most questions and problems
• Preparing insurance forms/documents, correspondence and process other insurance transactions to provide customer service and support efforts to acquire and retain profitable business
Please visit Liberty Mutual’s website and apply to position 38744. Application Deadline: 5/1/2013