Great Hearts Academies - Application Deadline
Thu, March 21, 2013
Apply by 3/21 for the Great Hearts Academies, Teacher at Classical Liberal Arts Schools positions through your BTT Gateway account: Job ID 6867. Interviews will be held on-campus on Thursday, 3/21.
Joining the Great Hearts Faculty Community
• Our academies are bastions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are curious and diligent.
• Classes are run Socratically - teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for knowledge, Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
• We do NOT require certification for our teachers (except for Special Education), but faculty must be highly qualified (either have earned 24 credit hours in the subject or take a subject area proficiency exam). The majority of our teachers hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach.
Please view our faculty recruiting brochure at: http://snack.to/f13a68in
Teaching Openings for 2013-2014
• Mathematics: Pre-Algebra to Calculus
• Science: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry
• Humanities: Western Traditions of Literature (including grammar and composition), History (Ancient, Medieval, European, and American), and Philosophy
• Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
• Languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, German, French
• K-5th Grade Classroom Teachers
• K-5th Grade Classroom Assistant Teachers
• K-5 Specialists in Spanish, French, Latin, P.E., Music/Art
• Special Education Teachers