Making the Most of the Liberal Arts Career Fair Workshop
Mon, April 8, 2013
Do you want to know how to talk with employers and to create opportunities for yourself at the Career & Internship Fair on April 10th, 2013? If so, this workshop is for you!
Making the Most of the Career Fair
Employers include Oracle, Fros & Sullivan, National Instruments, Morningstar, Gerson Lehrman Group, Peace Corps
Date: Monday, April 8th, 2013
Time: 12-1PM, 2-3PM
Location: LACS, FAC 18
Who: All Liberal Arts Students
What to Bring: something for notes, questions you have
Attend this workshop to learn from the Austin Enterprise Rent-A-Car Recruiter what works and doesn’t work at a Career Fair and what employers are really looking for.
Have you ever wondered...
- How do I walk up to a booth and start a conversation with an employer?
- What should my elevator speech say about me?
- What are topics I should bring up and which ones should I avoid?
- What do I wear to a Career Fair?
- What do I take with me?
- Are there ways to find out about jobs that aren’t posted?
- When is the best time of day to go to the Career Fair?
- How do I respond if an employer wants to interview me?
If you have asked yourself any of these questions: this workshop is for you!
We will address all of these topics:
- How to make the best first impression.
- What questions you should ask employers.
- Who will be there and what they are looking for.
- How to follow up after the event