AIED Council, Academic Principal, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7127
Thu, June 27, 2013
4 positions available
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council)
Three Academic Principal positions available, one in each of the following cities:
• Zhuzhou in Hunan Province
• Yantai in Shandong Province
• Wuhan in Hubei Province
Salary & Benefits:
1. Monthly Salary:
CNY 15,000—25,000 (approximately USD 2,380-4,000)
2. Working hours:
• Monday through Friday
• No more than 26 teaching hours per week with small class sizes
• Office hours
• No more than 40 working hours per week in total
Foreign teachers and staff are provided with furnished apartments, either on the AIED campus itself, or within a short walking distance in the neighboring community.
• Visa costs paid
• Round-trip tickets or airfare subsidy once per year
• Rewarding career development opportunities at top public high schools in China
• Relevant professional training provided
• Paid vacation (at least 8 weeks per year)
• Accident insurance provided
The High School Academic Principal will work closely with the Director, the high school teachers and staff to maintain the school's philosophy and basic policies and provide educational leadership and management expertise.
In order to enable the school to deliver the best possible educational program to its students, the Academic Principal shall:
• Provide professional leadership
• Organize, administer, supervise and evaluate a creative school program
• Ensure that all school programs and activities conform to school guidelines
• Communicate effectively with all members of the school and community
• React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
• Native English speaker
• Masters degree or higher
• TEFL/TESOL certificate or experience with ETS or AP teaching a plus
• Over 5 years’ working experience in high school education or ESL teaching
• At least two years at the management level
• Responsible, outgoing, friendly, hardworking and easy to work with
• Should be able to teach at least one of the following subjects: AP English, AP Calculus, Science (Physics preferred, but Chemistry and Biology okay as well), Economics, or ESL English.
• Candidates with a background in math or science/engineering preferred.
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council) is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to advance the development of international education initiatives. Our mission is to help American educational institutions develop relationships and programs with education-related foreign entities to enable students to engage in intercultural learning, promote global education collaborations, and facilitate the sharing and exchange of educational resources around the world.
At AIED, we believe that there should be no boundaries for education in a globalized
world. AIED works with educational institutions and organizations to allow students
of all ages, from the United States and abroad, to find better access to quality
education that gives them an international perspective.
In China, AIED aims to build international high schools in collaboration with key
public high schools across the country to broaden the visions and insights of Chinese
To apply, please complete the online application form and submit your resume at
http://www.aied-edu.org/career/GEI.html. Application deadline is 6/27/2013.
Please visit us at http://aied-edu.org/career/ for more job openings.