AIED Council, AP History Teacher, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7131
Thu, June 27, 2013
Teacher, Advanced Placement (AP) History
2 positions available
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council)
One of the following cities in China:
• Xiaogan or Wuhan in Hubei Province
• Changsha or Zhuzhou in Hunan Province
• Yantai in Shandong Province
Salary & Benefits:
1. Monthly Salary:
CNY 10,000-15,000 (approximately USD 1,590-2,380)
2. Working hours:
• Mostly Monday through Friday
• No more than 26 working hours per week
Foreign teachers and staff are provided with furnished apartments, either on the AIED campus itself, or within a short walking distance in the neighboring community.
• Visa costs paid
• Round-trip tickets or airfare subsidy once per year
• Rewarding career development opportunities at top public high schools in China
• Relevant professional training provided
• Paid vacation (at least 8 weeks per year)
• Accident insurance provided
• Provide high quality AP History (World/US history) instruction to improve Chinese students’ English ability and view of history, and also help some of them prepare for the AP test.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
• Prepare lessons that reflect best practices and accommodate the individual differences of students.
• Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
• Prepare syllabus with clear objectives for each lesson, unit and project. These objectives should be in line with curriculum goals and should be communicated clearly to students.
• Assess student learning through ongoing observations and more formal methods. Provide frequent feedback to students and parents and complete written progress reports.
• Develop rules for classroom behavior.
• Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Incorporate problem solving strategies and literacy strategies into daily instructional routine.
• Provide opportunities for students to express themselves using spoken, written, and electronic forms of communication.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant major
• At least two years relevant teaching experience
• Expertise in AP History content
• Proven ability to teach a diverse group of students
• Clear understanding of standards based curriculum, standards based assessment, and differentiated instruction
• Proven ability to work as a member of a team
• Applicants who can teach more than one subject preferred
The American International Education Development Council (AIED Council) is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to advance the development of international education initiatives. Our mission is to help American educational institutions develop relationships and programs with education-related foreign entities to enable students to engage in intercultural learning, promote global education collaborations, and facilitate the sharing and exchange of educational resources around the world.
At AIED, we believe that there should be no boundaries for education in a globalized
world. AIED works with educational institutions and organizations to allow students
of all ages, from the United States and abroad, to find better access to quality
education that gives them an international perspective.
In China, AIED aims to build international high schools in collaboration with key
public high schools across the country to broaden the visions and insights of Chinese
To apply, please complete the online application form and submit your resume at
http://www.aied-edu.org/career/GEI.html. Application deadline is 6/27/2013.
Please visit us at http://aied-edu.org/career/ for more job openings.