Knewton, Academic Content Curator, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7148
Fri, May 30, 2014
Knewton is poised to revolutionize the practice of education with the world's most powerful adaptive learning engine. We are a startup rich in eclectic personalities, are ridiculously dedicated, and are unified around a passion for democratizing education. We have also been recognized as a Technology Pioneer at the World Economic Forum in Davos and one of the top 25 best places to work by Crain’s New York Business.
We’re looking for a group of amazingly brilliant Academic Content Experts to find, evaluate, and tag the content for our open platform—which allows any user, anywhere in the world, to create or discover an adaptive learning experience. We are seeking individuals with grade 6-12 discipline-specific knowledge or multi-disciplinary/cross-curricular generalists. Your job will be to seed the platform with content and empower communities of users to add to that base. You will make pedagogical connections between biology and chemistry, 6th-grade writing and 7th-grade writing, word problems and word games, to name a few.
In the process, you’ll interact with our Adaptive Instruction, Design, Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams. You’ll develop a whole new vocabulary and a set of skills you never knew existed.
Come be part of something amazing.
● Classify, analyze, and tag the universe of educational content
● Help build courses and learning experiences from this content base to demonstrate the power of adaptive learning
● Collaborate with the Product team on tools that make this process scalable
● Evaluate ‘learning experience’ content by recognizing prerequisite knowledge the content assumes and identifying specific learning outcomes the content targets
● Evaluate assessment content and match it to a variety of ‘learning experience’ content
Benefits include Macs with huge monitors, a kitchen filled with your favorite treats, flexible hours, frequent guest speakers, company-sponsored training and conferences, excellent health benefits, equity, and a chance to do meaningful, cutting-edge work.
100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10011
To apply, please visit the following page for application: http://knewton.theresumator.com/apply/OL9WK7/Mathematics-Content-Expert.html