Office of the Governor – Texas, Texas Governor's Fellowship Program, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7175
Mon, July 15, 2013
Texas Governor’s Fellowship Program will:
• Give students an overview of state government by working closely with staff in the Office of the Governor.
• Provide students with experience in a working office environment.
• Enhance appreciation of public service.
• Fellows are assigned to work with the Governor’s staff.
Primary duties consist of:
• Performs support work for division program areas
• Provides project assistance
• Conducts research as requested for various projects
• Prepares correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents
• May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications, forms manuals and charts
• Assists with special projects
Fellowships are available in the following offices:
Aerospace and Aviation
Budget, Planning and Policy
Support Serv./Computer Services
Committee on People with Disabilities
Economic Development and Tourism
Texas Film Commission
Texas Military Preparedness Commission
Texas Music Office
Internships are available all semesters, Spring, Summer and Fall. Application deadlines are as follows.
SUMMER - April 15th
FALL - July 15th
SPRING - November 15th
Interested students may apply at the Human Resources office in the State Insurance Building, 1100 San Jacinto, Room 2.300
Download and mail the application that is available online at http://governor.state.tx.us/employment/fellowships/.
Call 512-463-5873 for additional information.