The HALO Trust, 1 year internship in international humanitarian not-for-profit in Colombia, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7179
Sun, June 30, 2013
The HALO Trust is a non-political, non-religious not-for-profit, registered in Britain and the United States, specializing in the removal of the hazardous debris of war. HALO is the world's oldest and largest humanitarian landmine and UXO clearance organization and operates in 14 countries around the world.
Role Summary: The Intern will report directly to the Country Director and will work to support the regional Operations Officers. He/she will enjoy a varied role across the breadth of an international humanitarian agency and be expected to commit to ‘hands on’ work at every level.
• Finance and accounting
• Personnel records and contracts
• Logistics and procurement
• Liaison with government officials and other agencies
• Regulatory compliance
• Administration and documentation
• Report writing
• Event planning
In addition to supporting the duties cited above, applicants should expect to be flexible as other needs arise, and should be interested in participating actively in field operations and collecting documentation about the impact of HALO’s work.
• Fluent Spanish and English language skills
• Individuals should be hard working, self-motivated, adaptable, methodical and thorough with an eye for detail and strong organizational skills
• Eager to develop, proactive and a fast learner
• Strong IT skills; familiarity with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint desirable
• Willing to spend time living and working in rural and undeveloped areas and be comfortable with the physical conditions that entails
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the not-for-profit sector and a good understanding of the political situation in Colombia
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7179: https://www.myinterfase.com/lacs/job_view.aspx?token=T9kf6TQeh8ZoIeEOmPEhTQ%3d%3d. Application deadline is 6/30/13.