The Bair Foundation, Social Service Worker Intern, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7229
Fri, September 13, 2013
Are you passionate about social justice and the welfare of our community? Do you want to know what it’s really like to be a case manager in the health & human services field? Do you have an interest in serving as a resource and support system to children and families in the foster care system?
Become a Social Service Worker-Intern at The Bair Foundation!
The SSW-Intern will:
• accompany SSWs to foster home and child home visits to maintain communication and monitor the progress, safety, well being of foster children and foster parents
• assist with the responsibility of providing complete, accurate, timely documentation of home and child visits
• conduct follow-up with various individuals and organizations, including but not limited to foster parents, school districts, case workers, or physicians, to obtain information or documentation
• assist the SSW with ongoing coaching, guidance and support for foster children and foster families
• ensure compliance with foster parents contract and/or training requirements
• assist the SSW with and learn about Individual Service Plans (ISPs) and how they relate to case management
Through the Social Service Worker-Intern opportunity you will gain:
• documented, direct, hands-on experience in child & family welfare services
• a clear understanding of what it takes to be a successful case manager
• a broader perspective of foster care as a complex system
• flexible schedule to accommodate your school and/or work commitments
• An interest in child/family services, social services, social justice, community service and/or assisting under-served populations
• Strong writing skills
• Commit to and sign a confidentiality agreement
• Successfully pass a criminal history check
• Receive a negative screen on a TB test (upon receiving/accepting an internship offer)
• Successful screen of (2) professional and (1) personal reference
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7229. Application deadline is 9/13/2013.