Software Advice, Media Relations Coordinator, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7233
Fri, August 23, 2013
At Software Advice, our growth has created an awesome opportunity at the intersection of Web marketing and public relations.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is uber-charismatic. You have a magnetic personality and a natural talent for building strong professional relationships.
- Works super efficiently. You nerd out on organizational systems and you're always looking for ways to get more done with less wasted effort.
- Is thick-skinned and persistent. You're not delicate. If you get hung up on, you don't take it personally. You get right back on that metaphorical horse.
What you'll do all day:
- Research markets. You'll become an expert in your software market and build a database of contacts (e.g. bloggers, editors and industry analysts).
- Earn attention and mentions. You'll do a whole lot of emailing and calling in an effort to build relationships and earn mentions of our site.
- Roll up your sleeves and help out. In addition to outreach, there are other analytical and content projects that come up. You're willing to get it done.
You'll be measured on how well you:
- Demonstrate domain expertise. You'll master SEO, become an expert in your industry and keep your team sharp with regular power sessions.
- Get us attention. You'll get mentions from high profile sites. CIO.com, Forbes and VentureBeat have all written about us recently, but we want more!
- Meet your goals. We measure everything around here, from the number of bloggers you pitch to the quality of the mentions you recruit.
- Contribute relevant and innovative ideas. We expect you to consistently present great campaign ideas and new outreach strategies for your industry.
A few reasons why you might hate it:
- You're in it for the schwag. This isn't your typical PR role. If your dream job is tweeting from the back of Jay Z's limo, this won't get you there.
- You're sluggish and complacent. We move at breakneck speed around here, so we need energetic and motivated people on our team.
- You're timid. In order to succeed you'll need to be the type who's not afraid to reach out, get down to business and push back when the answer is no.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a ton. You'll become a better business person as you immerse yourself in the world of technology and entrepreneurship.
- The work environment is amazing. Our SoCo office is insanely cool, open, and inviting. We dress casually and have fun while working hard.
- The team is even more amazing. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You'll be able to see your direct impact on our growth. You won't be just another cog in the wheel.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7233. Application deadline is 8/28/2013.