Office of U.S. Congressman Michael McCaul, Internships, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7303
Thu, August 15, 2013
We are now accepting fall internship applications for the Office of Congressman Michael T. McCaul (R-TX representing the 10th Congressional District.)
We are looking for interns with strong writing and organizational skills who can work at a fast pace and listen attentively. Other qualities include individuals that can work on a deadline, under extreme pressure, and acquire information quickly.
Some of the daily tasks include:
• Answering phones and taking note of constituent concerns and comments
• Sorting mail and passing it along to the appropriate staffer
• Giving Capitol tours and helping with tour requests
• Performing research for Legislative Aides
• Attending briefings and hearings as seen necessary
• Other time sensitive tasks that will be described upon arrival
Those who are interested need to have their resumes, a cover letter, and writing samples submitted ASAP as the internship search has already begun. Applicants will receive a return email to set up a time when an interview can be done via telephone. Applicants need to check their email regularly for a response. Please include the email used most often on submitted resumes.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7303. Application deadline is 8/15/2013.