Denver Public Schools, Denver Teacher Residency, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7377
Fri, February 21, 2014
Train. Teach. Transform.
If you are interested in being a teacher but are not certified and did not major in education, this is the program for you! Take charge of your career and train to become a teacher with Denver Teacher Residency (DTR), a groundbreaking alternative route into teaching with Denver Public Schools (DPS) one of the nation’s fastest growing urban school districts. If you want to make a difference in the lives of students, train to be a teacher in one of the following areas:
● K-5 General Elementary Education in English and/or Spanish
● K-12 Special Education
● 6-12 Mathematics
● 6-12 Science
Program benefits and support include:
● Train for one year in a high-needs DPS classroom as a Resident alongside an experienced mentor teacher
● Earn a $10,000 or $20,000 stipend as a graduate student while training in your first year
● Earn a Master’s degree from the University of Denver while training as a Resident
● Receive full tuition reimbursement over the course of your commitment to the district
● Become a DPS teacher following a successful year of residency
To learn more about this opportunity, and to hear from our current program participants, sign up for an information session by visiting:
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7377. Priority application deadline is October 15, 2013. Final application deadline is February 21, 2014.