Berkeley Research Group, LLC, Associate, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7494
Fri, September 20, 2013
Berkeley Research Group (BRG) provides independent expert testimony, advisory services and data analytics to major law firms, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm consults with clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement and strategy consulting.
The Associate position is an entry level consulting staff position. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with strong analytical ability and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of an Associate can be either qualitative or quantitative in nature, and projects range from industry and subject matter research to data collection to the preparation of statistical, financial, and other forms of analysis.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 24 offices across the US and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert services and consulting firm.
• Develop and maintain electronic databases, spreadsheets and other files as dictated by project needs.
• Perform detailed research and analysis, then put the results into action (e.g., gather, review and summarize literature and data from the public domain, specialized industry resources, or client, public and commercial databases).
• Demonstrate creativity and efficient use of relevant software tools, analytical methods and computer models to develop solutions.
• Audit own work product and work product of others to assure quality.
• Participate in a team environment and work hard to meet client deadlines and quality expectations.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Participate in group practice meetings and travel as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and an undergraduate level understanding of economics, finance, accounting, statistics, econometrics, or other related subject.
• Some prior work experience preferred.
• Proven capability with MS Excel and/or other analytical software (e.g., MS SQL Server, SAS, SPSS, Stata, MS Access). A desire to expand those capabilities is required.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the U.S., without company sponsorship.
BRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7494. Application deadline is 9/20/2013.