Aon Corporation, Business Delivery Specialist, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Schedule ID 482
Mon, October 14, 2013
Launch: Aon’s Early Career Program
Business Delivery Specialist: Aon Hewitt Outsourcing
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Aon plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and human resources consulting and outsourcing With an employee base of 62,000 people working in over 500 offices in more than 120 countries. We integrate customized services, leverage expertise across industries and apply business knowledge to our clients' strategic goals. Aon helps clients anticipate how change intersects with opportunity. Each of our clients has unique business needs, so we have developed expertise for a complete range of business processes, products and industries. Aon’s account and relationship managers form a comprehensive perspective of our clients’ organizations, matching our expertise to their business strategy.
Launch, Aon’s Early Career Program
Every summer, Aon welcomes a class of talented college recruits to Launch, Aon's U.S. Early Career Program established to coach and develop future business leaders. Between January and July, members of the national cohort "launch" their Aon careers in various full-time positions across the company. Then in August, they begin a supplemental year-long development program, which kicks off with a three-day orientation at our North America headquarters in Chicago. Through their work assignments, Launch participants are positioned to tackle real business challenges in a collaborative environment under the mentorship of senior leaders. And the Launch training curriculum prepares participants for success as they explore growth opportunities throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Launch: Early Career Development Program, colleagues will be assigned specific responsibilities and performance objectives with their manager(s). Participants will also be required to complete their assigned formal development plan set forth by the Program and the individual departments. Additionally, participants will be ambassadors of Aon by accomplishing the following:
• Discuss assignment specifications and performance with mentor and manager
• Complete assigned training curriculum
• Support Aon’s values at all times
• Represent the Program in a professional manner
• Develop awareness of policies and adapt behavior accordingly
• Approach all development opportunities with an open and positive mindset
• Maintain realistic expectations of the Program
• Give and receive constructive feedback
• Attend and contribute to regularly scheduled meetings and team building activities
• Participate in Program campus recruitment activities, if required
Business Delivery Specialist Job Summary
Each colleague will be aligned with a specific team within Aon Hewitt HR Business Process Outsourcing or Benefits Administration based on business need and skill set. Placement opportunities may include (but are not limited to) Total Benefits Administration, Payroll, Workforce Administration, Operations, Talent and Customer Service. The Business Delivery Specialist (BDS) works across multiple areas and with various leaders to support ongoing delivery and project work.
• Bachelors degree
• Business Internship desired
• GPA 3.0
Knowledge & Experience:
• Ability to learn and apply new skills
• Strong attention to detail and execution
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines managing multiple tasks
• MS Office-working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Access
• Ability to navigate and learn multiple systems
• Ability to problem solve and drive to root cause
• Responds willingly, promptly, and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands effectively.
• Builds capability to contribute by taking responsibility for own development, tapping multiple sources of learning to deepen own knowledge, seeking out new experiences, and applying learning appropriately.
• Demonstrates applied learning by continuously improving own contribution.
• Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action.
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong client service orientation.
• Works with and without supervision and has the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Generate new and creative approaches to benefit processes and thinks outside the box.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Continuous improvement and team work mindset.
Aon Hewitt Expectations:
In addition to position qualifications, all employees of Aon Hewitt are expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Domain/Technical Expertise
• Client Focus
• Personal Impact
• Operational Excellence
• Business Acumen
All positions require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are evaluated without regard to race, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, color, handicap, or disability.
To apply, see BTT Gateway Schedule ID 482. Application deadline is 10/14/2013.