Denver Public Schools, Denver Teach Today, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7449
Fri, March 7, 2014
Make an Impact!
Do you want to make an impact? Denver Teach Today (DTT) prepares professionals to make an immediate impact in the classroom and the community by working for Denver Public Schools (DPS).
DTT provides a streamlined one-year pathway to state licensure, access to district professional development, compensation and benefits package, community impact, and encourages you to support students’ learning by incorporating your own background and experience. DTT training is also practical – because this is an internal Denver Public Schools program, what you learn in our program emulates what DPS teachers are actually doing in their classrooms.
The program is divided into two phases of training and support:
• Summer Pre-Service: The summer before your first year in the classroom, you will participate in an intensive preparation program.
• School Year: During the school year, you will be assigned a program mentor who will observe your practice and coach you throughout the school year.
DTT is looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of students and train to be a teacher in one of the following areas:
● K-5 General Elementary Education in Spanish
● K-12 Special Education
● 6-12 Mathematics
Program benefits and support include:
● Intensive summer preparation program and professional development with DPS students
● Earn $1,500 stipend and full salary upon completing preparation program and securing teaching position
● Train with program mentor in planning, instruction delivery and student management
● Become a Teacher of Record in Denver Public Schools
To apply, see BTT Gateway Job ID 7449. Application dealine 3/07/2014.