U.S. Commercial Service, Summer Internship 2014 U.S. Embassy London, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7587
Fri, January 24, 2014
PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR DEADLINES OF EACH SEMESTER:
The U.S. Commercial Service has an active internship program throughout the year, and we welcome applications from suitable candidates to work alongside our staff at the U.S. Embassy in London.
Due to the security clearance process, there is a 90-day lead time for processing clearances. Please be sure to apply well in advance of the date you wish to start your internship.
The U.S. Commercial Service is the export development and inward investment arm of the United States government, and our office in the U.S. Embassy London is one of the most active in the world.
Our work pursues two key objectives:
- To assist U.S. companies with their efforts to enter the UK market through representation, direct sales, licensing agreements, or joint ventures.
- To assist UK companies in forming business relationships with U.S. companies by representing U.S. products, importing goods, or through joint venture and licensing arrangements.
To support these objectives, our office counsels U.S. companies, analyzes information on the UK market, facilitates contacts with UK businesses, promotes U.S. products in the UK and European marketplace, and advocates U.S. business interests.
The intern’s work assignments will provide exposure to our full range of activities and services. Every attempt is made to give hands-on experience where appropriate. It must be stressed, however, that the immediate requirements of the mission program must take precedence over other considerations.
Intern assignments may include:
- Collecting and analyzing information for use in market research reports
- Responding to enquiries from U.S. companies
- Assisting our staff in the preparation of trade events and trade missions
- Assisting with Gold Key clients and visits. Our Gold Key service helps U.S. companies to find partners and distributors in the UK.
We prefer interns with International Business, Business Administration or Marketing majors, however, we will consider all appropriate students regardless of their major.
Please note that interns do not receive any compensation, and no housing or other financial assistance is available.
In order to qualify for an internship, potential candidates should be:
- Available for a minimum of three months
- Able to work for a minimum of four full days per week
- Enrolled in an accredited American college or university as well as returning to studies immediately following the internship
- In possession of a U.S. passport*
* All nationalities are welcome to apply, however, please be aware that the security clearance process is likely to take additional time.
All acceptances are subject to a security clearance prior to beginning work at the Embassy, which generally takes 3 months to complete. Please be sure to allow a sufficient amount of time to process both your application and security clearance.
See BTT Gateway Job ID 7587. Application Deadline 1/21/2014