Mon, October 28, 2013 • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM • FAC 18, LACS Library
Curious about how to network? Attend this workshop to learn how to present yourself and your background at a networking event.
Did you know that around 75% of job seekers say they gained employment through networking and personal contacts? Ever wondered how they achieved that….and whether you could do likewise?
Attend this workshop and learn how to develop relationship-building skills that help you create deep and strong social networks, not just for finding your first job or internship but throughout your career.
If you’ve ever asked yourself:
* Where can I find networking opportunities?
* What is the correct etiquette at networking events?
* When is the best time to "sell" myself and how should I present my strengths to stand out from other potential candidates?
* How should I use use LinkedIn to make professional connections?
* How do I market my major?
* What should I include in my 30-second elevator pitch?
… and you want answers to these questions and more, then this workshop is for you!
Date: Monday, October 28, 2013
Time: 12 - 1 PM
Location: LACS, FAC 18
RSVP here to secrure your spot!