UT – Information Technology Services, Help Desk Consultant, Application Deadline, BTT Gateway Job ID 7850
Thu, February 6, 2014
Our ITS Help Desk consultants provide excellent customer service and first-level technical support to the University of Texas at Austin community. We provide support and assistance through our call center, e-mail system, and walk up desk.
- Complete Help Desk training that will help you grow and preserve your knowledge of Help Desk procedures and ITS products and services
- Politely respond to the customer's problem and convey a resolution either by resolving it at first contact or escalating it to the next level of support
- Make sure all problems are resolved via phone, e-mail, and walk-in service
- Maintain Help Desk technical documentation
- High school graduate with 6 months of experience in computing, problem solving, and/or troubleshooting
- Active student status at a higher education institution
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP applications in the Windows, Macintosh, or Unix environments
*At least 19 hours of availability Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm
*We require two semesters of commitment to this position so you must have at least one year of schooling left to apply.
See BTT Gateway JobID 7850, Application Deadline 2/6